This God I know is so mighty and powerful. Everyone must
bring an account to Him. Everything He has made must come before Him when He calls.
The angels and spirits came before Him one by one. They brought ideas to You as
You sat on Your mighty throne. Although You know all, You listened. Although
You know all, you chose to interact with Your creatures. You are not a God far
off. Instead, You speak with that which You have made face to face. You care
about Your creations. You are good. Even though You know all, You still listened
to the ideas brought before You. And when the spirit came with the idea that
worked, You sent that spirit to the earth. Nothing happens without Your
consent. You decreed disaster for Ahab, but You did not let all the powers of
heaven have him. You considered the ideas as the spirits came before You and
You did not bother Ahab unnecessarily. Instead, You chose one out of many to do
Your will. You are a God of order. I love You. I love how You have power above
all. I love how You do not live in the midst of chaos. You make the sun rise
and set in the sky. You make the seasons change each year. You make these
things happen again and again. Who is like You o God? There is no one like You
in all heaven and earth. You are mighty and loving. You are powerful beyond
all, yet You choose to love that which Your hand has made. Who can compare themselves
with God? Who can say, “i am powerful?” Only God alone. No one compares to this
God of mine. My worthless idols stand no chance. They stand in the corner
silent. They stand in the corner paralyzed. They stand in the corner deaf. They
have made nothing. They have not known. They have not cared. They have not
done. They have eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear. They have
arms but do not move.
But I know Him who Sees. I know Him who Hears. I know Him
who Moves. He is above all.
I cling to the God who Lives. I reject all other gods. He is
the only one worth having. He is the only one worth loving. What shall I do? I
shall write His Name upon my heart. I shall let it be known that there is a God
in heaven and I love Him. I shall shout for joy and proclaim who God is.
God is mine. O what Wonder that You can be called mine. O
what wonder of Love and Grace. How can You choose to love me? How can You
choose to have a relationship with me? O what Love. If I should walk no more
upon the earth, I want this known: I want it known that I have known Love. That
He who is has looked down and has known I who am Not.
This God I love looks down into the dust and He sees me. What
shall I do? my soul doth glorify the Lord. Who is like Him? Who can say, “i
have made the seas?” Who can say, “the stars shine by my command?” Who can
claim the making of the wind? Who has access to the storehouses of snow? Who
binds hearts that are broken? Who can say, “by my will such-and-such has
happened? Who can claim authority to do these things? Only Him who Is. He is
the only one with the power. Only He can fix this broken world. Wise men sit
together and wonder how to change the world. They know not their folly, for
even our wisest thoughts are foolish compared to His. He is all powerful and He
is loving. He is Good and I love Him.
God, You are so Good. You are ever watching out for those
who call on Your name. When we are in distress, we call to You. When our cry
reaches Your ears, You lift up Your mighty hand. All the earth hears of Your
deeds and trembles. Who can stand against such a God? You are faithful to
deliver Your servants from the hand of the enemy. Even if You do not save me
from my foe, I will yet praise you, my Savior and my God. For You are now and
always will be Who You Are. Ever will You be worthy of Praise. Ever will You be
Good and Loving. I love You. Give me the grace to never say otherwise. If You
choose to give Your servant over to her foe, You are still Good. Your mystery
is revealed in Your unpredictable actions. Your lofty thoughts once more
descend into my darkness. It terrifies me. I cannot understand You. Still, You
tell me. Still You whisper Your mysteries into my ear. Your mysteries blind me.
Please do not remove them. I want to know I cannot know. I want to know that
You, my love, do indeed know. Your mysteries are too wonderful for me. If it
were not so, You would have told me. You have shown me in Your priceless word
of Yourself. You have shown me Your Love and Your compassion. You have shown me
the many things that do not make since. Why would You hide something from me
when You have already told me so much? Lord God, Lord God, I hate the English
language. I only have a few words to describe You. Most of the words I know are
at the same time used to describe creation. O that I knew the true words. O
that I could address You as You deserve. Alas.
I love You.
You are mine now. By Your grace, You will always be mine. You
are. If I have not the words to make my thoughts known, If I have not the words
to do You justice, I shall repeat myself.
You, my love, are.
No comments:
Post a Comment