God, You are mighty beyond all. You create a story for Your
children. You allow them to create inciting incidents for themselves. You push
them beyond where they wish to be pushed, and You do not allow Your children to
remain unchanged. You are faithful to sanctify those you have called. You show
Your blinding light to those you choose. You do not leave hearts unchanged, but
you come down and move in our lives. You push us and urge us and spur us on to
follow You. You provide incentive, and when there is nothing to draw us toward
you, when we run from you with all our strength, you come after us. You chase
us with everything you have and you draw us back to yourself, for you will
never lose us. You love beyond measure. in Your love, you reach down from
heaven and You create a good life for Your children. You are faithful and
powerful. as surely as You cause the sun to rise in the east each morning and
set in the west each evening, you love Your creations. You do not leave them
where they are. You do not leave them alone. You are indeed the author and the
perfector of our faith.
You are an honest God. You are alive. You are. the things
you have spoken are sure to come to pass. not one word of your mouth falls to
the ground empty, and your message never returns void. every word you speak
returns to You overflowing. You create out of nothing. You allow there to be.
You are. You bring into being objects to bring You glory. You love them and You
interact with them. You refuse to let the works of Your hands remain unchanged.
although people may seem to fall away, you are faithful to never lose them. they
may wander for a season, but you always draw your people back to you in the
end. You cause bad and good things to happen. the events you cause bring Your
people to You. You show us Your mystery and allow us to take part in it. You
are strange beyond measure and something we will never understand, for you are
Holy, and we are but human, yet You love us and invite us into Yourself.
You bring chaos out of Your perfect order, and in the end,
all is found to be not chaos at all. all things are planned by You. nothing
happens without purpose. the chaos we see is simply pain. it is not chaos. it
cannot be chaotic, for You have ordained it. nothing You ordain is empty. everything
You plan has specific purposes. I may not know your purposes, but I trust them
and know You work everything for Your good and Your glory. I sit in awe of you.
I sit at Your feet, for where else is there to go? Where would I rather be?
there is nowhere I wish to be but at the feet of my creator. I wish to be there
when things are going well and I am happy. I wish to be there when the pain
descends and refuses to lift. I choose to be there though all seems empty and
meaningless.
You are jealous and selfish, yet You look down from Your
throne so that You may be involved with Your creations. who is like You?
everything You do has a plan. You do not plan empty plans. I praise You for You
are a God of order. You plan and arrange. nothing has the power to act outside
of Your consent. You alone allow all things to take place. even the angels,
demons, and spirits cannot act without Your will. You use evil beings to meet
Your purpose. Your purpose is always to create order. You are ever creating
order from the chaos You have allowed us to create. You desire that all may
know You. You speak into the chaos of our hearts. You love. You care. You are.
who else is? who else has being? who else can claim, “I AM?” only You have the
power to do these things. all else is weak. all is eclipsed by You. You ever
long for us to know You. You long for us to bring You glory. this is the order
we have fallen from. You are faithful to bring us back. You are. I love You. who
is like You?
No comments:
Post a Comment