I worry much too much. I worry about what I will wear. I
worry about what I will eat. I worry about what I will say. I worry about what I have said. I worry about what I have done. I worry about what I haven't done. I worry about how
much work I have to do tomorrow and all week and what order I should do
everything in. I worry because I’ve planned too many things and I don’t have
time to stay late at work because I have things planned immediately after work.
I worry about not getting enough sleep. I worry about my family. I worry about
everything. And sometimes it pushes me to tears.
This week was especially busy. Work was busy. And Easter
things were busy. I had more to do this week than normal, and I was worried.
But God is always there for me. He always hears my cries for help, and he is
the God of all things, the God of schedules and time and work and rest and sleep and peace. He is the God of
cakes and bakeries, and even though Easter should make my boss extremely busy
with all the wonderful Easter things she has to bake, she had nothing to do.
So one day while I was overloaded, she asked if she could do anything for me. Yes. Yes you can. So she baked all my
cake for me. I didn’t have time and worried what I would do, but God
already had a plan to relieve me of half my responsibilities so I could get
everything done. So I laughed.
It’s silly to worry when God is looking out for you. I spent
quite a lot of time and energy worrying about something I didn’t even need to
worry about. And I found out I didn’t need to worry only about an hour before I
met relief from my burden.
So I have a new plan. I have allotted specific times for
worry. I am not allowed to worry about what I’m going to eat for breakfast
until I am dressed and headed downstairs. I am not allowed to worry about work
until I arrive in the parking lot and am walking in. I am not allowed to worry
about what I will wear until it’s time to get dressed.
Maybe this will help me calm down and teach me not to worry
at all. Because really, why worry? God is already in that moment when I can’t
physically get everything done. And He loves me. And He already has a plan to
carry me through on His wings of grace. So worry is absurd. And that is why my
tears turn to laughter.
Things to Pray For:
Boldness and opportunity to have spiritual conversations with my coworkers. And other people.
Wisdom, discernment, clarity, and peace.
Wisdom about spiritual gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment