Sunday, April 9, 2017

Powerful and Beautiful and Dangerous Gifts



For over a year I’ve been learning about the supernatural spiritual gifts like prophecy, healing, speaking in tongues, miracles, and discernment of spirits. This week I’ve been learning what to do with them—be very careful. They always say, “With great power comes great responsibility.” I suppose my great responsibility is to proceed with caution, to not think more highly of myself than I ought, and to be careful how much and how often I speak of supernatural experiences, that others may not think too highly of me.

I’ve idolized people with the supernatural spiritual gifts. I thought they were more Godly. That is a lie. We all have the same Spirit, and the one who performs miraculous healings is no greater than the one who uses the gift of administration with skill and faithfulness.

I’ve learned I know very little, and must be very careful with the very little I know because the Power in me can be used for great good or great harm.

Things to pray for:

It’s going to be a busy week. Please pray that the high priorities would remain high priorities and that everything would get done on time.

Boldness and opportunity to share Jesus with my coworkers and with anyone else I may run into.

Continued healing.


No comments:

Post a Comment