I sat down last night to review my notes from the webinar, “How
to make disciples without losing your family or hating yourself.” He suggested
taking tests like Myers-Briggs and then evaluating what it means to be the
mature and immature versions of your personality. What does it mean to be a
mature introvert? What does it mean to be a mature thinker? What does it mean
to be a mature preceptor?
I sat down and started making a list. I didn’t use Myers-Briggs
because I don’t trust it or believe in it and I have a grudge against it
because people use it as an excuse and a status symbol. Instead I used
the personality system I leaned in high school from my horse trainer and listed
what it meant to be the best version of myself.
As I wrote down the mature qualities I thought about their
opposing immature qualities and realized the mature version is other-centered,
Christ-centered, and works hard to look out for others. The mature
version of me is firmly rooted in Christ and from that immovable position puts
forth every effort to look out for others. On the other hand, the immature
version of me looks out only for myself and my interests. It is manipulative
and needy. And I think these qualities can be applied across the board.
No matter your personality, the immature version looks out
for you, and the mature version is firmly rooted in Christ and looks out for
others.
Things to pray for:
That I would seek after Christ first, and with all
self-discipline. Because that is how I become the mature version of me.
For boldness and opportunity to share the gospel.
For continued peace about my spiritual gifts. (PRAISE! I’ve
been feeling peace and not anxiety! Hooray! Thanks for praying!)
For wisdom about my schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment