Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Trip Out of Town


The drive between Pullman and Ellensburg is beautiful, particularly when it’s covered with fluffy clouds, blue sky, and snow covered mountain ranges. It’s beautiful to spend the time with a friend and listen to music such as The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything, Awesome God, and Shut Up and Dance. It’s beautiful to listen to sermons about killing sin and feel so convicted you’re sure the only right answer is to go home and cry on your floor for hours.

God used this weekend, as I spent time with my best friend in Ellensburg, to remind me that it should be normal to think only of whatever is true, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, whatever is excellent, and whatever is praiseworthy. He showed me where I’ve strayed from thinking of these things and instead spend time whining, complaining, and pointing out the flaws in everything around me. Yes, there are always things wrong. There are always many things with which to find fault, but there are also many beautiful things to draw attention to. He reminded me how much better it is to spread beauty instead of pain. He reminded me to speak only things to build others up. And if I need a reason, I suppose it’s because Jesus loves the people around me and doesn’t want to hear me hating on them.

Things to pray for:

The job hunt. I got my resume done! Yay! And I finished one application. Yay! But the process is slooooooooooow.

I feel panicky about leaving friends behind in Pullman and Moscow.


No comments:

Post a Comment