Welcome to the best day of Elevate, Tuesday July 12, 2016.
And it’s only halfway done!
This morning I woke up at 6:15, got dressed, brushed my
teeth, ate breakfast, and headed to the bus at 7am to ride for two hours before
arriving in Oceanside, the home of a lovely lady from my church. She was
running late with four kids, so I made my way to the beach where I promptly got
sunburned. You see, I wasn’t planning on going to the beach today, but this was
the best beach trip of the summer.
Jackie picked me up from the beach around 10, and we went to
the military base to run some errands and grocery shop before heading home to a
quick lunch and then back to the bus. I almost cried when I left. My time with her family meant that much to me.
I’ve meant to hang out with Jackie for some time, but
somehow the 6 hour bus ride always deterred me from spending a few hours with
her, but every second on the bus was worth it. She blessed my life in so many
ways, and I’m so grateful to have felt at home in her house even if for such a
short time.
I then returned home and met with our visiting pastor’s
wife, April. It was lovely.
Things to pray for:
Apparently I have a problem with community. I don’t think community
is actually the problem though. I think the problem is trust.
Time is short and I haven’t gotten what I wished for from
Elevate. Please pray that God will change my attitude and give me what I need
to do his work while I’m here.
No comments:
Post a Comment