Monday, March 27, 2017

April 8, 2011

My God is amazing. He chooses to keep disaster far from those He loves. The words He speaks are sure to come true. There is no fault in Him.

You are so powerful. You can do the impossible. Many times you have done the impossible. My God annihilates the foes of his chosen people. Who is like Him? When we are afraid, you come to our rescue. When we see destruction as our future, you come down from Your mighty hill. You come down and destroy that which would have destroyed Your children. Because of Your great Love, You rescue us. You show Your power to the nations that all may know you. You do anything to be known. In times long past, You sent word of Your name through unlikely servant girls and whispers of hope beyond hope. You showed Your power to the nations that they may know You. You long to be known by all. You chose Israel, yet You took everyone in. You brought in the enemies, the Philistines and the Amorites and the Ninivites who feared You. You brought in the Egyptians and the Greeks and the Gentiles of this age. You bring us all in for You love us and wish for none to perish. You chose Melchizadek to be Your priest and You call out to nations that are not Your people and make them Your people. You change hearts so we may know You and when we know You, everything changes. You are.

Even though we are not, You choose to love us. Even though we are but dust in Your eyes, You, in Your wondrous love, desire to have a relationship with that which You formed. I will sing Your praises.

I will sing Your praises in the morning when the sun has yet to rise. I will sing Your praises when the sun illuminates the earth. I will sing of You at midday when the heat of the sun is greatest. I will sing of You when the pain comes. When the pain comes and threatens to destroy me, then will I sing of Your love. When You sit on Your holy hill and look down at my mid-morning light, I will choose to believe You are good. When You plan pain for my life, I will choose to believe You are good. When the pain comes, when it comes so fast and so thick that I can think of nothing else, I will praise You. You never change. You know. You are. You love. You do.


I am but dust to accuse You in my pain. I choose to believe that when that day comes, You will give me the grace I know full well I don’t deserve. I will choose to believe Your grace will never run out. You have shown me grace till now. You have allowed me to know You. You have shown me the darkness of my mind. You have shown me Yourself. Who is like You God? Who is like You?

No comments:

Post a Comment