my God is a God who keeps promises. for the sake of his
servant david, He did not destroy the kings of Judah. He allowed the kings to
be evil. He knew the kings would be evil, yet He made the promise to His
servant. He cares so much about His creation that He makes them sweet promises.
who is like my God? God plans all things. When the kings turned bad, God chose
the coming child to be His follower. He causes all things to have a purpose.
Nothing happens without Him knowing.
You raise up people for Yourself. in the midst of evil You plant
good. in the midst of despair You plant hope. who is like You God? who else
allows chaos and then brings order? who else loves His creation so much that He
would do so much?
once again, Your thoughts and deeds baffle me. once again
You show me how much greater You are. You never leave me to think I know it
all. As soon as I think I know You, You show me Your lowest thoughts, and when
Your lowest thoughts mingle with mine, they leave me utterly confused. still
You speak to me. still You shine your light into the darkness of my being. who
can say God is not good? who will listen to that? God is too much to know. how
can we who are dead know Him who is alive? even though God is alive, and we are
not, He speaks to us and tells us of His mysteries. God in His infinite wisdom
knows how to speak to us. how can that which is Alive speak to those He has
made? the human creator cannot speak to that which he has made. He, however,
speaks to us. God is so wonderful. He comes down from on high and speaks with
that which He has made. He even suspended His essence in order to be with us.
He came down from heaven to walk among us. He came down to teach us Who He Is.
who is like Him? my God Is, and my God does, and my God knows and works. who
can say, “I know.”? who can say, “I do.”? Who can say, “I am.”? Only He who
does can say, “I do.” only He who is can say, “I am.” only God can make the
world work. Only by His power do the laws of science work. only by His great
power do the trees grow out of the ground. Only by God’s great power do the
flowers bloom. Only by His power do they come back year after year. only at His
command does the hail fall to the earth in the spring. only by His great power
does the thunder grace the sky. only by His great power does the sun shine down
onto the earth. He makes all things work together. in His might He makes the
moon communicate with the water. in His might He makes the sun speak to the
wind. by His power everything goes according to plan. God is so good.
o what wonder that I may call You mine. o what wonder that
You should listen to me. o what wonder that You should know that which you have
formed! I shall sing of Your praises. I shall let it be known that You o Lord
are mighty, and You o Lord are good.
No comments:
Post a Comment